Caviar Handling & Serving Tips
- Caviar should be placed in the coldest section of your refrigerator.
- DO NOT FREEZE.
- Unopened fresh caviar will last 2-3 weeks.
- Once opened caviar should be eaten right away.
- To preserve unused caviar, smoothly cover caviar with plastic-wrap eliminating air bubbles and close with lid.
- Caviar should be served with non-metallic spoon usually mother of pearl, bone or horn.
- To serve caviar place tin directly on top of crushed ice and in a caviar server.
- Use plain white (thin) bread toasted (crust removed), unsalted butter, petite toast or blini.
- Traditional garnishes are: lemon, white onion, chopped egg (white and yellow separate) crème fraîche on blini or toast points.